Mar 11, 2011

San Dimas: Our first race of the year is coming up

I was checking out a few details regarding what I'll be doing in the next few weeks:  Our first race of the season will be three stages long.  It's called San Dimas.


Stage one is an individual time-trial (ITT or, TT).  It's only 6km, and it's all uphill.  Last year's race was won in under 15 minutes with an average of a bit above 25km/h.  Nothing close to the 40-something averages that woman's TTs are usually won with on flat terrain!  I'm excited about giving this challenge a "go"; I like going uphill...

The race starts on the 25th, but the Juvéderm-Specialized-Mazda girls are going to pre-ride the course two days earlier.  I think it's pretty important to be familiar with a TT course before the actual race.  It helps in gauging how hard to push and when, and it's nice to know what the course "feels like" beforehand.
 A link to an overview of the first stage: http://www.scvelo.com/san-dimas-stage-race/glendora-mountain-time-trial

Stage two is a road race, and stage three is a criterium.  I have a feeling this is going to be a ton of fun!


Soon Pat (our mechanic) is going to be down in Cali with one of the Mazda5 team cars, trailer in tow to meet up with the girls who are already training down there.  I heard there are tons of great group rides.  Anne has put up a few good pictures of what it's like out there on her blog already.  Check it out: http://anneguzman.blogspot.com/

As for me, I've got a few more big workouts on the trainer this weekend before I start thinking of packing my bags on Monday! Yehaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment