Jan 26, 2012

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Ride to Cure Diabetes Event

I am in Minnesota, safe and sound.

I'm making a habit of sleeping through the take-offs of all of my flights recently- what a bizarre feeling.  I'm snoozing without realizing it, and at the same time wondering just how darn long we're going to keep taxiing down the runway before we get up into the air.  Then I look out the window...we're off the ground- and have been for who knows how long.  Ha!

This evening I will be giving a presentation at REI in Bloomington Minnesota at the JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes Event.  It's a really cool event for several reasons.

  • First off, I know how important it is to fund scientific research projects.  The more funding that is available, the greater the number of scientists that will research and study a topic, yielding more results, on more aspects of the issue, and at a faster rate.  What that equates to is more high quality, concrete and tangible results that everyone will be able to benefit from.
  • Secondly, type 1 diabetes is a condition that affects us all.  Even if we don't have it, we most likely know or are close to somebody who does.  A better understanding of the condition will benefit everyone.  
  • And finally...well geez, what better way to raise money for a worthy cause than RIDE BIKES?!
I'm looking forward to meeting the cyclists who will take part in the JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes event this summer, this evening at REI in Bloomington Minnesota.  Come out at 7 pm if you're in the area!  I'll show you my new bike...!

http://www.jdrf.org/index.cfm?page_id=107183
http://www.rei.com/event/33897/session/42516

No comments:

Post a Comment