Jul 4, 2011

Vacation Week From Strict Training

For the last week, I've been taking it easy.  A few long rides, a few short rides, a few days with no riding at all.  That used to be unheard of.  Now I'm wise.  Wiser, I mean.  I have to admit that having my Quarq powermeter spitting out power data for me really helped keep me in check.  I never went too hard, or too easy.

This is what the end of my "vacation week" looked like:

On Friday (Canada Day) I filled up the bottles with eload and rode around Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Québec I enjoyed the Canada Day firework show from the Musée de la Civilisation in Gatineau, with the Parliament as a backdrop.  If there is one place to go to watch Canada Day fireworks, it's Ottawa.

Saturday I rode for a few hours in Trois-Rivières, Québec, followed by coffee at Café Morgane.  Then I swam 3km in the Piscine Expo.  It's my favorite pool in the world.  So far.

Sunday, I rode in and around Québec City.  It's my new part-time mission to add a few primo cycling routes in the Québec City area  into my repertoire.  I'm off to a decent start.

Now it's Monday, I finished another day of work, rode in Laval, Québec, and packed my bags for the Tour of Toona in Altoona, PA.  We're off in the Juvéderm Specialized Mazda, Mazda5 team cars tomorrow.  Here we go again: WAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment