Jun 13, 2013

Thanks, Ottawa Bicycle Club

I spent a couple of hours at the Canadian Museum of Aviation this afternoon.  I saw a lot of neat planes and even sat in the cockpit of a Russian fighter jet.  I wouldn't actually want to shoot missiles out of a jet.  I'm glad I'm a cyclist.  Anyway, that wasn't the real reason that I was in town...

I was in Ottawa with my Specialized Shiv and Rolf wheels for my first Ottawa Bicycle Club time trial.  It was excellent practice for the Canadian National Championships time trial, which will be in exactly one week.

Every week in the Gatineau park, the OBC puts on a 15km TT.  A lot of people come out to race.   The atmosphere was great, the course was fast, and the venue was perfect.   We registered around 5:30pm, found out our start times at 6:00pm, and racers were off 10 minutes after that at 30s intervals.   There was no typical photo finish, but there was video being taken probably to cross-check times and riders if necessary.  There were no race numbers either, which was A-ok.  We just had to shout out our number as we crossed the finish line to make sure the right time was attributed to the right person.  A super race put on with not a lot other than great team-work, and obvious dedication and passion from the club. 

Thank you for allowing me to participate as a guest this evening, OBC.  What a great experience!

I drove back home to Montréal, Québec right away, and recovered with a bottle of Dutch Cocoa RUMBLE during the drive.  20g of protein, totally natural, and 100% delicious. 
Never heard of it?  Click the picture above.  You're going to want to try it...


No comments:

Post a Comment