Jun 21, 2012

Canadian National Chapionships 2012 : Pre Race

The 2012 edition of the Canadian National Road Cycling Championships is being held in Lac Megantic in the region of Beauce, Québec.  It's a bit of a hike from Québec City where I live, but it's a treat that the Championship is being held in ''my own backyard''.  I know what it's like to haul everything across the country on my own for a race: stressful and expensive.  

This year, Optum pro Cycling presented by Kelly Benefit Strategies has a team of 3 super staff, a big trailer full of all of the Orbea bikes and HED wheels we could need, and I didn't have to spend hours on long-distance phonecalls negotiating hotel prices, and I won't be doing my own mechanics on some company's front lawn either.  (I'm thinking back to 2010 in Edmonton here, a fun race, but geez, what a feat it was to even participate).

I know the course, I've been out to see it a few times.  I've been on a nice spin today, and I'll spend a good part of my day chilling out in my hotel room.   Race day: T-1 and counting.

ONE MORE THING: The news is out, it's official! Congratulations to my teammates Denise Ramsden and Joëlle Numainville who are going to the OLYMPICS in July!  My two Optum teammates along with Clara Hughes are going to make a super team.  I'm happy for them, happy for Canada, and know that they are really going to rock it in London. 
http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=24373

No comments:

Post a Comment